Doors of Death RPG
To: All Members of this site
- Please login in to view further - This includes your Username and Password. Your username will be changed (if not already what you want it to be) By Admin's to Fit your character's name, So do not worry about that.
- Or register now, By simply clicking the 'Register' button, and joining our site, send one of our sites Mod's (Lexie Greene, Isaac Garner) Your character sheet by posting it in the CREATE forum!
- Oh and don't forget to read over our rules etc.
- One last thing! Have a great time here on Doors of Death! Happy roleplaying!

Doors of Death RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doors of Death RPG

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Prometheus Problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

The Prometheus Problem Empty
PostSubject: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Isaac had heard rumours. Rumours that Asteria had risen from her prison and was ready to wage war against Camp. Obviously, that was rather annoying, and it wouldn't be good news for his Dad. He had to tell Chiron to arrange a quest to stop it, or at least gain reinforcements. He strode towards the Big House. He assumed that the Centaur would be there. He knocked on the doors of the Cabins on the way so as to get people to go with him. The more Campers, the easier it would be to persuade the Centaur. He wouldn't be able to deny it. After all, the Camp needed heroes, and it wasn't about to get them by making the Campers sit there.

He knocked on the door and Chiron answered, curlers in his tail, saying, "Yes?" He then stopped. "Isaac. What are doing doing out so late?"
The Son of Zeus stared the Centaur down and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, Chiron, but I've ehard that Asteria, Titaness of whatever it was, is rising."
The Centaur nodded. "Titaness of night and Prophecy, Isaac. I'm afraid this is true."
Isaac stood there, suddenly realizing that Chiron was his uncle. He replied in a bold voice, "If so, then we won't be able to save the Camp by sitting around here, right? I want a Quest." He looked at his Fathers brother. "We want a Quest."

The Centaur sighed. "I suppose you may want a Quest, young Demigod, but what would the purpose be? You cannot fight a Titaness by yourself. We learned that 3 years ago in the battle of Manhattan."
Isaac frowned, paused for a while and then spoke once more. "I wish to recruit the Titan, Prometheus, to our cause."
The Centaur nodded. "I suppose that may work. Do you, Isaac Garner, accept this destiny?"
Isaac nodded. "I accept the Quest."
Chiron clapped his hands together. "You may now choose two Campers to accompany you." Isaac turned around and viewed his relatives. He then said, "Who thinks they should go and why?" This was the easiest way. Find out who wanted to go and pick the two with the best reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://doorsofdeath.forummotion.com
Jay Doran

Jay Doran

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Jay woke when Isaac knocked on his Cabin door. He put some clothes on and followed the guy, rubbing his eyes. He looked kind of determined, so Jay didn't bother aksing what was happening. He just followed the Son of Zeus to the Big House, staying quiet. Once they arrived, Isaac started arguing with the Centaur about some Titaness or other and a Quest. Jay just stared at the curlers in Chiron's tail, trying not to smirk. Eventually, Isaac turned to them and said, "Who thinks they should go and why?"

Jay spoke first. "I believe I should go, because I have powers over darkness, shadows and night meaning that I can protect you and your other companion as you travel to bargain with the Titan Prometheus." He then stepped back, and wondered what he could do with the Night. He focused his energy on folding the darkness and slamming it into the nearby tree. Sure enough, the tree bent backwards and snapped. "Just like that." He added.
Back to top Go down
Felicity Chance

Felicity Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:21 pm

((Can anyone who joined the quest thread join this one?))
Back to top Go down
Felicity Chance

Felicity Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:36 pm

((SFTDP, I'll post now if I'm allowed to join the quest.))

Felicity was woken up when there was a knock on the door of Cabin 7. Felicity saw that Isaac Garner, a Son of Zeus, was on his was to the direction of the Big House. Jay Doran, a son of Nyx, was following him. Felicity walked out of the cabin after putting on her CAMP HALF-BLOOD T-Shirt and a pair of jeans.

Felicity walked into the Big House after Jay and Isaac. Felicity didn't hear much of the conversation, but she heard Isaac and Chiron talking about a quest and a Titaness. Then, she heard Isaac say "Who thinks they should go and why?"
Jay answered first.
"I believe I should go, because I have powers over darkness, shadows and night meaning that I can protect you and your other companion as you travel to bargain with the Titan Prometheus." Then, he demonstrated his powers. Felicity walked into the Big House next.

"I think I should go as well," Felicity answered. "I have Pyrokinesis, even though its limited. That could come in handy at times, though it takes practice to master. I can also heal, which could also come to good use."

((Sorry if I wasn't supposed to join this. Like, if you already have a team planned out and I wasn't supposed to join. XD))
Back to top Go down
Adella Rine

Adella Rine

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 pm

((He's already made his decision, though I would love to know if I'm in it XP))
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:07 am

((All post, I need both of my selections to have posted))
Back to top Go down
Xirena Adolphus

Xirena Adolphus

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:20 am

Xirena was sitting alone in her cabin, quietly thinking about her claiming a few days before. She was stuck basically in a meditative state. She had barely gone outside of he cabin which was weird but not at the same time. Her eyes were closed and her hands were in front of her locked and the finger tips, kind of like an opera singer. She took a few deep breaths then her eyes fluttered open at the sound of a continuous knock outside that was growing closer. Someone was knocking on doors. Breaking from her state she uncrossed her legs and stood up walking to the door Xirena opened it watching as...she squinted her eyes in the dimming light...Issac knocked door to door. A serious look blazed through his eyes. Cocking her eyebrow she shut the door behind her and decided to follow the crowed. 'Oh how unlike dad' she thought chuckling.

They arrived at The Big House and Issac knock at the door. Chiron answered and they started talking, about something that she didn't bother to listen to. She looked around at the others gathered there. There were quite a few people there most she recognized from the Hermes cabin when she was unclaimed, Like Felicity and Jay, Jay had been claimed only a few minutes before herself and she had heard the Felicity had been claimed since then. Zoning out looking to the sky Xirena started feeling bored. Until she was brought back to the conversation by Issac addressing everyone. She wasn't even sure what they were talking about but as she listened to Felicity and Jay talk she guessed it was a quest. 'That could be fun' she thought even if her father wouldn't like her traveling with a son of Zeus. She shrugged waiting for silence so that she could put in her say.

A few minutes passed and silence ensued after one of the other campers finished their explanation. She waited a few minutes thinking about what to say. If she was chosen it would be pretty neat but it would be no loss if she stayed at the camp. Smirking she began, "A daughter of Hades is always an option Issac. Don't count us, well, me out just cause my dad. I'm a black belt with a cool head, still learning control over her powers/, and I'd be a heck of a travel companion." She still wasn't sure where they were going but if she was chosen she'd find out where then.
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm

((Just need a couple more people to post... Adella! You haven't done the RP thing!))
Back to top Go down
Adella Rine

Adella Rine

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:04 pm

((On HBH? Sorry... at my grandma's... Imma reply to this in a sec.))
Back to top Go down
Adella Rine

Adella Rine

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Adella was bored. Her iPod had recently broken. She was training with it, and she had cut the cord clean off last pair of headphones. She had no idea what to do, the Hawiian girl had always lived by her iPod. She stared at the broken cord, lying on her bed. Adella had tried everything-Taping it, gluing it, tying it. Though she knew the tying wouldn't work, she had tried it anyway. Adella sighed, slipping on her Nike tennis shoes. Adella's bracelet jangled on her wrist. It was a gift from her recent claiming, and she planned on using it today.

Adella finished the knot on her shoe and headed out. She had planned on going to the woods, until she saw someone she had never seen before walking into the Big House. The ever kind Adella followed her in, in hopes to help/annoy a newbie. Adella was surprised at what she saw. She had never seen the rumored centaur before, her eyes grew extremely wide. They seemed to be talking about something, but she wasn't sure what. The girl she had followed talked, and she finally got a hold of things.

They were talking about a highly honored quest. Adella's excitement was apparent, you could see it on her face. She contained herself to let the other girl finish. "I'm rarely tired, I'm pretty good with a sword. I'm a stratagist, and with Nike on your side, it's impossible to lose." Adella hated (loved) to brag about herself, so she stopped there. She could go on all day if she had to.

((Sorry so sucky!!))
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:39 pm

((I'll reveal all tomorrow))
Back to top Go down
Xirena Adolphus

Xirena Adolphus

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 pm

((Trying to be a master of suspense Issac? Shocked ))
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 pm

((Trying? I can't post now, can't explain))
Back to top Go down
Isaac Garner
Admin
Isaac Garner

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Isaac listened to the Demigods making they're claims. All of them had perfectly good reasons. He held up his hand to them and said, "You all have excellent reasons, but I am still unsure. Perhaps the Oracle may tell me who I should take on my Quest with me."
He turned to Chiron, who said, "My boy, you may go upstairs and see the Oracle. Assuming that you are still sane when you return from the attic, we will discuss the meaning of it."
Isaac said, "Thank you, Chiron," and then walked into the Big House, knowing that what he heard could change his life. He walked up into the Attic and viewed the Trophies. There were so many things from Quests there. The Scimitar of Kampe, a Minotaur horn, Aphrodite's Scarf, even a pair of fluffy dice. He walked over to where Rachel Elizabeth Dare was sat, looking like she was in the middle of meditating. Isaac said, "Hey Rachel. I could do with a Prophecy, if you've got any ideas." He didn't like talking to Rachel in Questions because she could randomly start spouting creepy Prophecies.
She nodded and said, "Hey Isaac. What do you want to know?"
Isaac cleared his throat, smiled at her and said, "O Oracle, what will happen on my journey to find the Titan Prometheus?"

Suddenly, Rachel's eyes turned Serpent green, and her voice sounded as though somebody had multiplied her and the were all talking at the same time. She said:
"Son of Zeus shall lead the Quest,
A child of light, a child of death,
As the Half-bloods fall asleep,
Something is stole, but not to keep,
They shall travel across the land,
Against dark forces they shall stand,
The Titan's choice
may end his days,
In the end, one learns to raise.
"
She became normal again and said, "Will that do?" Isaac nodded to her and said, "That'll do just fine."

When he went back downstairs, Chiron spoke first. "My dear boy, you are still sane! Tell me, what did Rachel say?" Isaac repeated the Prophecy line by line to gather some meaning. He began with, "Son of Zeus shall lead the Quest. Well, that's obviously me because I'm the only Son of Zeus." Chiron nodded. "A child of light, a child of death. Well, that sorts out my companions." He pointed to them. "Xirena and Felicity. And then it was... As the Half-bloods fall asleep, something is stole, but not to keep. I suppose we had best wait to see what that means." Chiron nodded again. "After that was, they shall travel across the land. The Land must be the U.S right? So we must have to travel to the other side of the U.S, which is..." He remembered a Geography lesson. "California. That must be where we'll find Prometheus." Chiron laughed for some absurd reason. "Against dark forces they shall stand. That means that we'll meet someting evil. That wouldn't be all to rare, because something wuld have to make it difficult so as to challenge us. The Titan's choice may end his days, in the end, one learns to raise. I don't like the end my days bit, but I suppose it'll do. And she did say may." He turned to the others. "What do you guys think?"
Back to top Go down
Felicity Chance

Felicity Chance

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:58 pm

Isaac had gone upstairs to see the Oracle after a few other demigods gave reasons why they should go. When Isaac returned, he told a few things about what the Oracle had said.
"Son of Zeus shall lead the Quest. Well, that's obviously me because I'm the only Son of Zeus." Isaac said first. "A child of light, a child of death. Well, that sorts out my companions. Xirena and Felicity. And then it was... As the Half-bloods fall asleep, something is stole, but not to keep. I suppose we had best wait to see what that means." Felicity was amazed. She was actually going on a quest! It was going to be so exciting, though it would be dangerous. "Against dark forces they shall stand. That means that we'll meet someting evil. That wouldn't be all to rare, because something wuld have to make it difficult so as to challenge us. The Titan's choice may end his days, in the end, one learns to raise. I don't like the end my days bit, but I suppose it'll do. And she did say may." Isaac continued. "What do you guys think?" Felicity spoke up first.
"I think that sounds good," Felicity said, not really knowing what to say. The quest was most likely going to be dangerous, and that was almost never good. But, she didn't want to make it sound like she didn't want to go either. "I mean, it sounds like its a plan."
Back to top Go down
Xirena Adolphus

Xirena Adolphus

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 am

Someone had approached behind Xirena making her head twitch to look at the girl who stood behind her, well maybe not behind her more like to the side of her. By what she said Xirena was able to make the assumption that she was a child of Nike. Well a child of Victory would surly be a helpful gift along the quest. Xirena found herself looking back around the crowd seeing all kinds of demigods gathered wanting to give their input hoping to join.

A yawn escaped her mouth as Issac drew her attention back to The Big House but only for a few seconds because he left to go consult the oracle. She tilted her head, why would he ask who thought they should go and why and then go consult with the oracle. Shaking her head she kicked up some dirt off the ground. Looking around analyzing the dimming light. Silence surrounded everyone while they waited for his return. It was rather boring standing there waiting in anticipation for an announcement. She shrugged her shoulders and ended up staring at Chiron. Centaurs were rather interesting but what drew her attention was that he was wearing curlers in his tail.

It seemed like hours had passes when Issac had reappeared and Xirena felt like walking away but he walked through the door. Reciting what the Oracle had told him to Chiron. She started zoning in on the curlers again as soon as words left Issac's lips. Though as soon as he said: 'A child of death.' her attention was caught and she moved her gaze to lock on the son of Zeus. He pointed to her and Felicity saying their names. Xirena was in shock and excitement. She was actually going to be on a quest, even though it was with a son of Zeus maybe her father would be proud. She twitched her hand and listen whole heartedly and undistracted to the rest of the Prophecy that way she could tell what they would be doing.

"What do you guys think?" Issac asked. Xirena stood in silence for a minutes thinking about exactly what to say. Then Felicity spook up giving her a few more seconds to think even though she really didn't have much to add to it, "You have the Hades Alliance. A possibly perilous quest sounds like a fun journey. When do we leave?" she asked looking down at her pajama's and bear feet. She'd need to change and pack her weapons. Other then that she couldn't think of much, she had the prophecy in her head and the just of what the quest was about.
Back to top Go down
Adella Rine

Adella Rine

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am

Adella sighed as the one kid repeated the prophecy. Of course she wasn't included, why would she be? She had no powers, and of course the 12 Olypmians were always better then minor gods and goddesses. Adella was never going to get out of camp, with her foster parents dead, the only way to get out would be to turn herself in to social services. And she wasn't about to do that. Adella zoned out as the other talked, she really had no need to be there anymore. She shrugged when she was pretty sure they were done. Adella clapped her hands together, saying, "Well, I have no idea. I see no reason for me to be here... so I'm off." Adella shrugged again, heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Prometheus Problem   The Prometheus Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

The Prometheus Problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Doors of Death RPG :: On Camp :: The Big House-
Jump to: