Doors of Death RPG
To: All Members of this site
- Please login in to view further - This includes your Username and Password. Your username will be changed (if not already what you want it to be) By Admin's to Fit your character's name, So do not worry about that.
- Or register now, By simply clicking the 'Register' button, and joining our site, send one of our sites Mod's (Lexie Greene, Isaac Garner) Your character sheet by posting it in the CREATE forum!
- Oh and don't forget to read over our rules etc.
- One last thing! Have a great time here on Doors of Death! Happy roleplaying!

Doors of Death RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doors of Death RPG

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

And so we meet... ((Clover))

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

And so we meet... ((Clover)) Empty
PostSubject: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Lucien stood back from the anvil and looked at the sword he was making. He had finally got it to the right size and shape, after two hours of work. To say that normally it took someone a week to get this far wasn't saying much - Lucien was, after all, a son of Hephaestus. Now all he needed to do was get it sharp. It would make a good weapon for some new kid in search of one. Lucien was fine with what he had - his gift from his dad during his claiming had made sure he was never short of a weapon.

Grabbing a tool from his rack of them, Lucien started grinding along the edges of the sword, sharpening it. Finally, after another half hour, it was down to a sharp edge, but was a bit rough. Getting a file and a large knife sharpener, Lucien carefully went over the blade. After another ten minutes, the sword was done. The balance was perfect, the edge of the blade was so sharp it could cut through wood like butter, and it didn't weigh much.

While Lucien knew that inb a month or two, he would be able to do much better than this, it was a start. But what he really neede was to get out of the forge and start meeting the people at camp. He didn't want everyone thinking he was a loner. The forge was a great place to think while he worked. But he'd had enough of been alone. What he wanted, what he needed, was a friend.

As he wiped the sweat off his forehead, he heard someone wondering into the armoury. Stepping out of his forge, he called out.

"Hello? Is someone there?" If his call didn't get the attention of the person, his English accent would. There weren't a lot of half bloods at camp from England.
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 am

Clover was sitting in the strawberry fields, inhaling the fruity air. The smell was filling up her nose with the sweet scent of strawberries and a hint of grapes. Her hands were behind her head as she watched the clouds go by. She closed her eyes and in the little grassy part of the fields, she visualized flowers growing round here, tulips, daffodils, lillies and many other random flowers. Clover sat up and looked around her and sure enough, it was covered in flowers of all different shades and types. She stood up and admired her work. One flower was imperfect. She twisted her hand and a tulip slowly grew from the ground and into the right position. "There, perfect. Some happy couple would be pleased." She said as she walked off in search of something else to do.

Camp was quite big compared to other camps Clover had seen in brochures. There were greek monuments here and there and cabins surrounded the place. A friendly face would smile and greet Clover and of course, she smiled and greeted them back. She was in such a good mood today, she didn't know what had come over her. Clover had been to many places that day but the only one she hadn't visited was the armoury. She didn't have a clue if anyone was in there or not but it was worth a try. She made her way to the amoury.

On the outside, it looks like a factory with all the smoke coming from it. Clover didn't like smoke, it polluted the atmosphere. Clover opened the creaky wooden door and stepped inside. Before she could call if anyone was there, a voice already asked. It was a british accent. It asked if there was someone there. "Hello, I'm Clover Smith, daughter of Demeter. Who might I be talking to?" Clover asked full of curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Lucien looked up as a girl walked in and introduced herself as Clover. She was a very pretty girl, with blue eyes and blonde hair that fell to her shoulders, curling a bit at the end. It seemed that since he had been claimed, Lucien was noticing the little things even more than usual. Lucien wondered who she was claimed by, until she said she was the daughter of Demeter. He had honestly thought she was an Aphrodite child.

"G'day, miss." He said. Lucien found manners to be an important thing at times, especially when meeting new people. "Lucien Davis, son of Hephaestus, at your service. Could I help you at all?"

Lucien didn't know if the daughter of Demeter would want or need any weapons or armour... or explosives. Of course, the explosives were just a little thing he was working on. It was mainly just with gunpowder as well - he knew it was a while off, but he was getting ready to make the fireworks that would be needed next year.

Lucien doubted that Clover would want any explosives though - Demeter was goddess of nature, wasn't she? He knew she was the one who made all the crops and stuff grow. So her daughter probably wouldn't like explosives, because they harmed nature. He looked up at the smoke coming out of the chimney of his forge, and cringed a little bit, feeling guilty for some reason. He knew that smoke polluted the atmosphere, but surely the gods would clean the smoke at camp up? After all, they wouldn't want any mortals to see it....
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:26 pm

The boy introduced himself as Lucien Davis, son of Hephy. By the way he looked, he certainly didn't seem like a hephy kid but none of his kids look like him. She loved his english accent, even though she had just met him. He asked if he could help with anything and Clover shurgged her shoulders. "I'm alright for the moment. I'm making my daily walk and I haven't visited the fourge yet. I didn't think anyone would be here but then, here you are." She giggled like a little school girl, which made her sound really childish.

Clover looked at Lucien and then looked at what he was doing. It looked like he was making a sword. It looked really good and it was to be expected, hephy is a god of the forge. "That sword looks brill by the way." Clover said as she twirled a piece of hair around her finger.

((Sorry it soo short..))
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Lucien blushed when Clover complemented his sword. He wasn't used to complements, especially not by such pretty girls.

"It's alright, I guess." He said, looking at the floor to hide his blush. "I only got claimed a couple of weeks ago, so I'm kinda new to this whole thing. I'll probably get better as I practice more, but I think I'd rather leave the forge for a while and go around camp to meet people than be a total loner."

He heard the girly giggle, and smiled. He took a breath, and, hoping his blush had disappeared, looked back up. He brushed his hair out of his face and smiled. That was when he saw that Clover was twirling her hair around her finger. This should have made him realise that she seemed to be flirting with him, but at the moment, all he could notice was how good looking Clover was.

"Daily walk, eh? Maybe you could show me around camp sometime?" He asked. And, before he could stop himself, he added on, "And are you sure Demeter was right in claiming you? Cos I think Aphrodite might have just lost a daughter...."

Realising what he had just said, Lucien shut his mouth and looked down at the floor again to hide his face. He knew for sure that he'd be blushing.

You idiot! He thought to himself. You've only just met the lass, and you're telling her she's beautiful?! What's she gonna think about that, eh?

((Tis okies. I think I have a muse today ^_^ ))
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Clover saw Lucien blush when she commented on the sword. It made her smile. He exclaimed that he had only beend claimed a week but for being newly claimed it was a pretty good sword. Lucien suggested that she could show him camp sometime. She shrugged her shoulders. "I could but maybe I don't wanna." She laughed to show that she was joking. Into the conversation, Lucien commented that Aphrodite might have lost a daughter. It made Clover blush a little but she didn't know what to say in reply. She just smiled at him. "Thankyou." She said

Lucien's head dropped to the floor again and she smiled. "You don't need to drop your head when you say nice things." Clover soon realised that this boy might think she was flirting with him, this thought made her laugh.

((Sorry its short, hardly no muse.. Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

((Tis okies XD I'll just add a load of random babble XD ))

As Clover laughed, Lucien felt the tension leave his body. He had thought that maybe she would have gone crazy at him, but it seemed he was wrong. Looking up, he saw Clover blushing a little at his comment.

Phew... for once, a bit of luck. He thought to himself. If anyone knew his history, they would understand that thought. Lady Luck hadn't exactly been kind to him.

Clover said that he didn't need to drop his head when he said nice things, then laughed again. It seemed that Clover was a very happy lass. That was a good thing, especially for a half blood. While he hadn't met many people at camp, some of the people Lucien had seen around had been very glum. He understood why though - demigods did tend to have a short life. And not everyone liked been stuck at camp, even though it was really the only safe place in the world for them.

"It's not that it's because I said something nice..." Lucien said. "I guess I just don't like people seeing me blush."

Yet again, some of Lucien's hair had fallen into his face. He blew it out of the way, and thought to himself that he really needed to get something done about it.

No way am I having it cut though... and I'm not putting it up in a ponytail. I guess I'll just leave it as it is.

"Anyways...." Lucien said, trying to think of something to say. "How long have you been here then?"

It wasn't exactly the most imaginative thing he could have said, but at least it would keep the conversation going. He just hoped they wouldn't get round to the topic of history any time soon. He wasn't keen on telling anyone his sob story any time soon. People shouldn't have to listen to something so depressing.
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Clover liked to smile a lot because she was an optimistic person. Lucien said that he doesn't like people seeing him blush, it was okay but he shouldn't need to hide it. She couldn't help but giggle when bits of Lucien's hair keep getting in his face. It wasn't as long as some people's hair but it was long. I wonder if I could plait his hair. Clover thought as she stared into open air. Lucien then asked how long Clover had been at camp. She had to ponder for a while because she couldn't remember. "Well all I know is I've nearly mastered all of my powers so I've been here for a while. I guess." She smiled at him. He seemed a nice guy and she wouldn't mind showing him around camp or anything. "Well what do you want to do then? Shall we go somewhere or shall we just talk about stuff?" Clover asked.
Back to top Go down
Emily Ford

Emily Ford

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 am

((*stalks* *pulls out binoculars to watch action* XD))
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Lucien noticed Clover looking at his hair with a thoughtful look on her face. A look he knew too well.

"Don't even think about it." He said, a playful warning tone in his voice. "I am not putting my hair up." Listening to what else she had to say, he added, "You've nearly mastered all your powers? You must have got claimed ages ago!"

That was when he remembered that as Daughter of Demeter, her powers more of a know-how-to-do-it thing, rather than the Hehaestian needs-to-learn-how thing. He was naturally good at making things, especially out of metal, but it would still take a lot of practice to get stuff perfect, and even longer before he could make them really quickly. And that was just the making things side of it. He didn't really know how to control fire that much yet, though he was findoing out how to. It was just that fire, llike lightning, was basically a pure form of energy. So it used up a lot of energy, really quickly.

Clover then asked him what he wanted to do.

"Well, I'd like to kinda explore camp a bit - I've not had much of a chance since I got here. I've either been in the forge, in my cabin or in the dining pavilion, getting dirty looks from the Ares kids."
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Clover laughed lightly when Lucien said he wasn't going to put his hair up. It would look cute in a little plait. He also commented that she must've been claimed ages ago if she nearly mastered her powers. She could remember what had happened in her claiming but it was that long ago she couldn't remember when. So Lucien was he half right.

Lucien said that he wanted to explore camp a bit more seeing as he had been either in his cabin or getting dirty looks from the Ares kids. She laughed because they had given her evils as well. "Well I could take you on a tour if you like. Where shall we go first then?" She said, but not to Lucien. Talking to herself more.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:15 pm

"To be honest, I think they give everyone dirty looks. The Ares kids don't like anyone... and I think Hephaestus is one of their least favourite gods. I don't know why... maybe it's got something to do with the whole Ares and Aphro thing when she's married to my dad." Lucien shook his head. He would never understand the gods. Clover asked where he wanted to go first, and so he replied. "Well, I'm not too fussed. As long as it isn't here, I don't care."

Lucien could remember his claming quite well. He had, after all, just arrived at camp. Then he had gotten claimed by Hephaestus, then nearly set the whole camp on fire by accident when he discovered the Greek Fire symbol on his watch. Which had also been the time he had found he had some control over fire. Of course, straight after that, he went to his cabin, dumped his stuff on his bed and headed off to the forge to find any siblings of his that were hiding there. But there hadn't been any. He was the only one in his cabin for now. Maybe his siblings were in Manhattan, or with Dad. Or maybe they were dead. They were, after all, demigods. And your luck against a monster wouldn't hold out forever.
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Clover didn't know where to go so when Lucien replied that he wasn't fussed where he went, it didn't help her. She thought for a moment for where they could go, there was loads of places. She struck an idea and turned to Lucien. "Well we can go to the strawberries fields if you like. Follow me." She smiled and walked out of the armoury, hoping Lucien was behind her.

She walked through the assorted greek monuments and past the demigods. She could smell the strawberries before she could see them. Then there they were, in the glorious form they were. The strawberry fields. "Well Lucien, this is where the camp earns it money, from selling strawberries. Look come and have a look at this." She ran towards where she was sat earlier and spread out her arms. Clover wanted to show off her creation and Lucien was one of the people she could show it off to. "What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:08 pm

Lucien followed as Clover took him to the strawberry fields. She told him that this was where camp made all it's money, from selling all of them. Looking over the fields, Lucien could see that a lot of money must come in - there were fields full of the fruit.

But right there, in the middle of the field they were in, we a bunch of different flowers, of all different colours. Now, Lucien was no florist, and he could really only tell if something was perfect if it was a creation made out of metal, or something of that type. But looking at the flowers, he could tell that, like the strawberries, they were perfect.

"What do you think?" Clover asked, spreading out her arms to show off the flowers.

"You made these?" Lucien asked, amazed at Clover's skill. "Wow.... They're really good! A lot prettier than anything I could make out of a chunk of metal..."

Even though Lucien knew that as his skills got better, he'd be able to make better stuff, he doubted anything made out of metal could look any better than this.... It was beauty made out of nature. He wasn't about to try anything with his fire at the moment, because he didn't want to risk brning camp down again any time soon. That was something he'd practise in his cabin.
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Lucien seemed surprised when he saw the flower arrangement. He asked if she actually made these and she nodded. He commented on how pretty they looked and a big grin spread across her face. "Sometimes I do stuff like this when I'm bored but today, I really wanted to try really hard." She smiled. Lucien said it was better than anything he could make out of metal. "Don't worry, I've practiced for ages and don't forget you've only been claimed a week." She said as she flicked a piece of hair out of her face.

Clover sat down in the circle of flowers and patted the ground, inviting Lucien to sit down. She placed her hand onto the ground and closed her eyes. Clover opened them again and a flower had twirled around her hand. "I do this when I'm feeling tired or talking to friends, it's a habit. Oh and it is totally fun when you prank with vines." Her laugh filled the fields.
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:43 pm

"Yeah, I guess." Lucien said when Clover said that it was because she had been practising for ages while he had only been claimed a week. "But I don't think anything made out of metal could look as good as something made out of nature. And when it comes to fire... well, I need to practise a lot more there. The first time I tried, I nearly set camp on fire. Since then, I haven't touched the Greek fire." Lucien laughed a bit as he remembered. It had been just after he got claimed, and he wondered what the flame symbol on his watch meant. So he had, of course, twisted the dial on his watch to it. And greek fire had appeared on his hands. Lucien didn't know yet that he was fireproff, so he panicked. He ran around, waving his hands to try and get the fire off, before he realised he wasn't burning. But the fire that had come off his hands had started to burn camp. Again, going by instinct, Lucien told the fire to stop.... and it did. Of course, the enrgy that took nearly made him pass out. He was really dizzy after that. And since then, he hadn't touched the greek fire symbol. He'd stuck to the flames in his forge, which he found easier to control and less energy consuming.

Lucien joined in Clover's laughter when she said it was fun to prank with vines.

"I bet it is." He said. "I've not exactly had much time to prank.... or be a victim of pranking. I was out of the Hermes cabin before I even got there!"

From what Lucien had heard around camp, he'd had a lucky escape. But it wasn't like he had anything for the Hermes kids to steal. And they could try and steal his work, but that wouldn't bother him. He could always make more swords, better ones. Plus, it wasn't as though he would ask anyone to pay him for doing something that could save the life of a demigod. He didn't see his forging as a chore or a job. He saw it as a responsibility.

Looking at the flower in Clover's hand, Lucien tried to miagine what it was like to be able to control nature, to control the plants and flowers around. It would be an awesome power. But at the same time, he knew he'd rather play with fire.

And then, inspiration struck. He had an idea. An image in his mind. Focusing as hard as he could, he held his hands out in front of him, palms cupped and visualised fire. It slowly but surely appeared in his hands, and in his mind, he tweaked at it, until it was in the shape of a rose flower bud, opening up. He managed to hold it for a couple of seconds before it went out, and he had to wipe some sweat from his head. He felt dizzy, as controlling fire took a lot of energy, and making it took even more.
Back to top Go down
Clover Smith

Clover Smith

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Lucien explained why he hadn't touched fire since he nearly caused the camp to go up in flames. She could remember something like that but it didn't involve fire. She was sat outside talking to a friend in the Athena cabin, showing her the latest trick. The vines went out of control and nearly swallowed the whole camp. "Well something like that happened to me but it involved vines." She laughed at the funny memory.

Clover watched as Lucien made fire appear in his hands and was then able to make it into a little rose bud. He then made the flame rose bud turn into a little rose made out of fire. It was only there for seconds but when it did die out, Clover still had the memory of that rose. "That Lucien was amazing. The rose was gorgeous." She smiled and stared into his eyes. The rose really was amazing. "Seriously though you had a lot of control with that fire, it truly was a site to see."
Back to top Go down
Lucien Davis

Lucien Davis

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Still feeling dizzy, Lucien laughed when Clover said she had nearly done the same, but with vines. He smiled when she said his rose was gorgeous, blushing a little.

"Thank you. But it wasn't as pretty as these flowers you made are" He said, sounding a little bit worn out. What he could really do with was an energy drink. "Maybe I did have a lot of control... but it also took a lot of energy. I don't think I'll be doing that again any time soon." Looking around, Lucien grabbed a strawberry and popped it in his mouth. The energy lost had made him starving, although he knew an energy drink would be better. He didn't want to get fat from eating a lot if he played with fire a lot. A fat demigod was a dead one.

Still, I doubt I'll get fat from eating fruit... He thought to himself, popping another strawberry in his mouth. Realising how vain he sounded in his mind, he was glad he didn't say it out loud. He didn't want Clover to think he was vain, because he wasn't. Yes, he cared how he looked, but not to the point of checking his hair in every reflective surface he passed. Everyone wanted to look good, after all.

Picking some more strawberries, he offered them to Clover.

"I wonder what Mr D would do if he caught us at this." Lucien said, a grin on his face. "How do you think he'd feel, seeing us eating his way of making money?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And so we meet... ((Clover))   And so we meet... ((Clover)) Empty

Back to top Go down

And so we meet... ((Clover))
Page 1 of 1